Big thanks to Nate Eaton at 8News for bringing this to my attention.
The estate of Andrew Piretti, a Sony Music executive who recently passed away, is offering all the items left in his home at 1125 Grove Ave. are up for sale.
The estate sale features numerous unique, music related items including:
- Michael Jackson “Dangerous” CD cover art, signed by Michael.
- “Bad” World Tour leather jacket, tour jackets for Journey, Bruce Springsteen, Pink Floyd and others.
- Bruce Springsteen walking stick with a likeness of Bruce in a bronze medallion on the top of the cane.
- Grammy invitations; a group of items related to Sony’s 1998 Grammy Party, including the invitation, a black and white rendering of the party venue and four color photos of the actual decorated event space.
- “U Turn” movie poster, signed by Director Oliver Stone.
- Poster of the original Broadway production of “The Producers,” signed by Nathan Lane, Matthew Broderick and Mel Brooks.
- Belt buckles, including Bob Dylan’s Rolling Thunder Review.
- Barbra Streisand’s Greatest Hits album cover, signed.
- Gloria Estefan and the Miami Sound Machine poster, signed.
- Gold CD frames commemorating copies sold of albums from Shawn Mullins, Macy Gray, Celine Dion, Pearl Jam, George Michael, Black Sabbath and Ben Folds Five.
- Thousands of CDs from Sony artists, many still unopened.
And that’s just the tip of the iceberg. Aside from all the music stuff, there’s also artwork from artists like Martin Kline, furniture, dozens of collectible paperweights and an 1880s Columbia Graphophone.
The estate sale runs through Sunday and it’s open to the public. Most of it will probably be super expensive, but there’s also some affordable things in there too. Any kind of music nerd should head over to this.